Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Lost Villa, Hop Bop, Snake Squad

Today's Browser Rousers is proof that I seldom adhere to themes. These games couldn't be more different from each other if they tried. BEHOLD!

Lost Villa


I usually prefer my exploratory puzzle games to feature original backgrounds over semi-jaggy photographs, but Lost Villa is a decent enough game that I'll overlook that this time. The puzzles are fun and inventive without being too difficult, and it doesn't take a disgustingly long time to play. The music is also catchy, though mine cut out without explanation after a while. Too bad.

Hop Bop



Hop. Jump. Shoot. Collect coins. Kill enemies. Run to the goal. This could describe a billion games already on the market, and, admittedly, Hop Bop isn't that much better than a lot of them. Nevertheless, there's a lot to enjoy in this quick, retro shooter, and I had no trouble playing through it twice. (Especially since you get a significant speed boost the second time 'round.)

Snake Squad


Remember Frantic Frigates? Yeah. Snake Squad is juuuuust like it. That may explain why I've lingered over it for the last forty-five minutes, despite totally getting the gist of the game from the get-go. You are captain of a squad of burly army dudes. Kill everything in sight. In SIGHT, you hear me?! Your guys do all the shooting for you in this bullet hell game; you just have to steer them out of harm's way. Die, then upgrade into something more potent. It's a fun formula, if repetitive.

(I can't get my train of guys above six. Sigh.)

All done! Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment